Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Quilting Class

Night one of the three part quilting class I'm taking at West Seattle Fabric Co. was all about choosing and cutting the fabric.  Monica had several charm packs from collections that won't be in her store until fall.  I selected "Ruby" by Bonnie & Camille, and my quilting buddy choose "Terrain" by Kate Spain, both from Moda Fabrics.  The class project is a table runner, and I'm very excited that my fabric will complement my Royal Albert "Old Country Rose" tea set.


"Ruby is a small town girl with big dreams, and even bigger style. She works at the town ice cream parlor in her favorite red polka dot dress and can be found doing the jitterbug with her best girlfriends at the Country Diner on the weekends. This cheery line is full of Ruby’s favorites, including a smattering of soft flannels, in red and aqua, retro flowers, vintage prints and pretty little scallops."

No comments:

Post a Comment