Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Square One


Last week I came across a set of beautiful state flower squares at patternbee.com.  I spent an entire morning brainstorming ideas for making them into a quilt.  I discovered that the creator of Pattern Bee has been making them herself and is posting each square on her blog as she finishes it.  She's nearly done, but I just started today.  I picked up some natural colored cotton on my way home this afternoon and started my first square.  I chose to start with the rhododendron, since right now they are in full bloom in every yard in the city.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's funny - I had no idea that rhododendrons were the state flower until I looked at the link you posted with all the flower patterns... so much for being a life-long Washingtonian!

    ReplyDelete